It is quite a common phenomenon to be confused over which is the fixed blade to buy. This dilemma arises due to the existence of various types of fixed blades that are present in the market. To reduce your conundrum, we have prepared a comprehensive guide of how you may pick the best fixed blades available in the market.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Our Recommended 10 Best fixed blade in 2022
- Dimensions: 9 inch (22.9 centimeter) overall length with a blade length of 4.7 inches (12.1 centimeter) and a weight of 7.7 ounces
- Durable: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV high carbon stainless steel with a black rubber wrapped handle
- Dependable: Quick and easy access with the convenient belt or boot sheath making it ideal for everyday carry
- Secure: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the hand guard
- BE PREPARED: Knife Features Lanyard Hole Makes For Ideal Neck Knife
- Dimensions: 10.6 inch (26.9 centimeter) overall length with a blade length of 5.2 inches (13.2 centimeter) and a weight of 8.5 ounces
- Durable: Blade is made of reliable 9Cr17MoV high carbon stainless steel with a black, TPE handle
- Dependable: Quick and easy access with the convenient ambidextrous, thermoplastic sheath
- Secure: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the hand guard
- BE PREPARED: Knife Features Lanyard Hole For Easy Carry
- DIMENSIONS: 6.3 inch (15.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 2.6 inches (6.7 cm) and a weight of 4 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 65Mn High Carbon S.S. with black G-10 handle slabs
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black, multi-carry option thermoplastic belt sheath (Compatible with the Schrade FR4 Removable Ferro Rod Attachment) making it ideal for everyday carry
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the thumb rest jimping
- BE PREPARED: Knife features a full tang design and lanyard hole
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Enhanced Protection: Black stonewash is durable and ages well
- Exceptional Grip: G10 handle provides exceptional grip in all conditions
- Gear Compatible: Durable thermoplastic sheath with mounting options
- Compact Utility: Lightweight and easy to carry
- StrongArm tactical knife features a coyote brown handle and a serrated edge, full tang steel blade
- Durable survival knife has ceramic blade coating and rubberized diamond texture grip
- Break through hard surfaces in emergencies with the tactical knife’s striking pommel
- Four mounting pieces and sheath can be used for mounting on MOLLE, belt, or in drop-leg fashion
- Gerber gear is proudly made in USA at Gerber's Portland, Oregon factory
- D2 tool steel blade, it provides excellent corrosion resistance and incredible edge retention.
- High resistance black Micarta handle is sculpted into a broom handle style.
- The Kizer/Maverick Customs Harpoon bridges the gap from EDC knife to outdoor utility knife.
- Blade length:3.875", Overall length:7.75", Weight:4.2 oz.
- Use: Camping, Bushcraft, Survival, Preppers, Hunting, Fieldwork, Wood Processing, Hiking.
- Length: 15.8 CM Blade length: 6.1 CM Blade width: 2.3 CM Blade thickness: 3.5 MM Handle length: 9.7 CM Handle: two-color G10 Net weight 119 g Weight: 179G (including knife holder) Total weight: 215G (including knife holder). Packaging) Scabbard: Kydex scabbard
- Hunter is a premium hunt fixed-blade designed for hunters around the globe. Despite it’s compact profile, this knife provides ample real estate throughout the handle and cutting edge, making it just as effective on big game as it is on smaller species. The newly redesigned sheath creates a slim and reliable housing for convenient storage in your pack. Improvements to the overall geometry, ergonomics, and material will make the last cut feel just as effortless as the first with the help
- Details1:Hunter is a small-framed fixed blade built for precision cutting tasks with an ample handle and cutting edge length to be effective on big game and small. The full tang 8Cr13Mov stainless steel blade retains the wear hiding stonewashed finish and saber ground, drop point profile that excels at processing game as well as being a useful utility knife for basic field and campsite tasks
- Details2:A combination Richlite composite and green G10 handle offers modern performance with visually appealing look. Improvements included adjusted jimping location, enhanced ergonomics and blade profile and an updated sheath design for enhanced retention.
- Handle: Richlite composite handles are also durable and weather resistant. Attached to the full tang blade with black hardware over a high contrast orange G10 base, the scales are contoured for comfort and ergonomic use with ramps down to the blade for added comfort in a forward pinch grip. With a compact footprint and light weight, the Hidden Canyon Hunter is well suited to backcountry use where every ounce counts.
- Reliable High Performance - Spyderco fixed blade knives offer the same performance you expect from our ground-breaking folding knives. Proudly Crafted for Life with highly evolved Ergonomics to minimize fatigue and increase cutting power.
- Iconic Design - The Bow River is an expression of Custom Knifemaer Phil Wilson's incredibly popular custom knife design specifically geared toward budget-conscious adventurers
- Dependable - This compact, all-purpose design features a full-flat-ground, trailing-point blade crafted from 8Cr13MoV stainless steel.
- A Secure Grip - The blade is paired with a contoured, Ergonomic handle made with layered black and gray G-10.
- Ready for Anything - Ideally suited for survival, camping, and other demanding applications, the Bow River includes a complete with a high-quality leather sheath.
- Celcon Polymer Sheath With Ballistic Nylon Straps
- Overall Length: 9.375 In
- Blade Material: 1095 Cro-Van
- Handle Material: Ultramid
- DIMENSIONS: 8.5 inch (21.59 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.75 inches (9.53 cm) and a weight of 3.9 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 8Cr13MoV Stonewashed High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black, nylon handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient nylon fiber neck sheath and breakaway chain
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the finger choil and pinky hole
- COMPATIBLE: Sheath Includes Multiple Holes That Gives Users Several Cary Options
Best Recommendations and Buying Guide for your fixed blade
Before you venture out to purchase your preferred fixed blade, take into consideration some factors. These factors will ultimately help you decide which fixed blade is the right fit for your requirements.
Use the internet to do your research about all the available fixed blades in the market. This is helpful for both online and retail/ in-person purchases. If you are buying from an online marketplace, try to ascertain the most trustworthy online store. Usually, the online shops that have the highest following of masses are the best ones.
These shops not only provide reliable products but also give the buyers a lot of diversified products to choose from. Search for the different types of fixed blade available in the online store and find ones to choose from.
Read the reviews of people on the online pages to understand the detailed and nuanced pros and cons that entail this particular fixed blade. You can also understand through other people’s reviews whether a particular fixed blade fits your needs.
Assessing products online before buying the desired products from retail shops is also a very common phenomenon.
While doing the crucial research on the fixed blades available in the market, you might ask yourself a few questions that will help you reach your decision:
- Are fixed blades worth buying?
- What are the various pros and cons that come with purchasing fixed blade?
- In order to buy the most efficient fixed blade at the optimum price, what are some of the things you might have to think about?
- What are some of the fixed blade brands which are available in today’s market? What is coming in the future?
- Is enough information on what you want accessible?
- Why should I own a or many fixed blades, even if the quality might not be sharpest?
Other Advantages of Buying fixed blade from Online Marketplaces
Apart from some of the advantages stated before, there are certain other advantages that can be attributed to online stores:
There are a lot of promotional prices and discounts on online stores. In fact, there are more promos on online shops than there are in retail shops. As these stores work simultaneously with multiple dealers at a time, a customer is able to avail a certain product at the best possible price.
Online marketplaces have evolved a lot since the inception of the millennium. They have become a huge source of cash flow for a lot of important people in the world.
This seismic growth of the industry is down to the reliability and trustworthiness codes that online markets follow. As a result, consumers can almost guarantee that they will get the right products at the right time and price.
There is rigidity in the items that can be sold in online shops. There is a lot of diversity and nuanced markets that help consumers find what they are looking for.
Sometimes, one might even come across something that they did not know about beforehand. The availability of alternative products is focal in ensuring the dominance of online stores.
How to Make Sure You Choose the Right fixed blade
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper fixed blade. You might be unaware of certain facets of the fixed blade that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
Everyone has a budget, and they want to make purchases that fit their respective budgets. To make sure you get the best deal, surf as many markets as possible to know about the difference in prices.
This will help you get an overall idea of the status of the market. Fix your price range in accordance with your knowledge.
In the fixed blade industry, brand loyalty is very high. So consumers usually choose the brand that they have been longest associated with. Popular brands guarantee reliability.
Otherwise, the masses would not have purchased products from popular brands. Different brands have different attributes. Choose a brand whose traits you are most comfortable with.
Different brands have different visual characteristics. This also causes people to choose different products.
If you are a novice user, try consulting with active users of fixed blade. They will be able to give you practical knowledge that they have gained through usage. Sometimes you can elicit information from people that you cannot find in mainstream media – it can either be good or bad information about the product.
User reviews often become very pivotal in making people decide which brand of fixed blade they ought to buy. They might end up having the final say in the purchase decision.
It is imperative that before buying, you can understand the functionality of your fixed blade. Granted that a lot of knowledge about the product is learned through usage and experience. As there are different types, try to choose the one that parallels your requirements the most.
In The End
We can only tell you so much about buying your new best fixed blade. But we are confident that if you follow the recommendations that we have given here, you will find something that caters to your needs the best.
Best of luck with your new purchase!