It is quite a common phenomenon to be confused over which is the light meters to buy. This dilemma arises due to the existence of various types of light meterss that are present in the market. To reduce your conundrum, we have prepared a comprehensive guide of how you may pick the best light meterss available in the market.
Disclaimer: We are using Amazon affiliate Product Advertising API to fetch products from Amazon, include: price, content, image, logo, brand, feature of products which are trademarks of Amazon.com. So, when you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.. Read more.
Our Recommended 10 Best light meters in 2022
- Measures luminosity from 0 to 200,000 Lux and ambient temperature
- High accuracy of ±3% rdg ± 8 dgts (<10,000 Lux), ±4% rdg ±10 dgts (>10,000 Lux)
- 4 digital color LCD screen, MIN/Max readings, data hold, auto power off, and low battery indication
- Wide range of application, use lux light meter for set design, factory, office or home use
- lightweight and compact, 2 years long period warranty
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings in full-stop mode.
- At ISO 100 the ambient EV range is 0 to 19.9 flash f/stops range from f/1.0 to f/90.9 with a shutter-speed span of 60-seconds to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1 sec to 1/500th for flash).
- Photo Mode: for still image photographers featuring shutter or aperture priority display of a full range of ambient and flash functions including cord and cordless flash measurement
- HD Cine Mode: perfect for DSLR and mirrorless videographers who need to take exposure readings and control light using shutter speeds and frame rates
- Cine Mode: designed for use with cinema grade cameras, allows users to select from the most useful frame rates and shutter angles for exposure control with one-tenth stop accuracy.
- ▶【4-Range Settings】: This high-quality digital illuminance/light meter has 4-range settings, 0/200/2,000/20,000/200,000 Lux, for a dynamic metering ability.
- ▶【High Accuracy】: With auto zeroing capabilities, you can be sure you'll always get a reading with pinpoint accuracy, and it will always be fast!
- ▶【EZ-Read Display】: Clearly readable info lets you read Units and Signs easily, and stay informed with the over-range indicator.
- ▶【Convenient Switches】: Get better control over your readings with Data Hold & Peak Data hold for when you're recording information. You'll also benefit from its lower power consumption and short rise and fall times.
- ▶【Bring Anywhere】: From squeezing into tight places to keeping your load light, you can bring the Dr.Meter Digital Illuminance/light meter wherever you need to. Fits easily into a work bag or large pocket and barely adds any weight. It's the ultimate in light-metering convenience!
- Easy to operate light meter to monitor light levels
- Measurements in foot candles (FC) and Lux
- Auto and manual range: 4000 FC; 40,000 Lux
- Features backlit LCD display with 40-segment bar graph
- Data hold, Max/Min, and Auto Power Off
- USB interface for easy setup and data download
- Selectable data sampling rates from 1 second to 24 hours
- LCD displays current readings, min/max and alarm status
- Includes Windows 2000, XP and Vista compatible analysis software
- 🌼【Large range】Measures luminosity from 0.1Lux to 400,000Lux that you don’t need to worry about can’t get the result under limit situation as well as bad ambient temperature.
- 🌼【Scientific design make test easier】Sampling time for 2 times each second,you can get the result at a second.Data holding make debugging more convenient and don’t worry about lost the data in a long time.In addition,extracting the data had tested make you work more smoothly.
- 🌼【Back light】WIth back light insurance you work in the dark situation.MIN/Max readings, data hold, auto power off, and low battery indication.
- 🌼【Small body】Light weight and dimension make transportation more convenience.Diverse unit select such Lux and FC for your choice.
- 🌼【Your product are safety and environmental certification】We strive to make the BEST Products Possible.If you don't feel 100% satisfied for the product, please contact us and we will do our best to solve all problems.
- AS803 Lux Light Meter is used to measure intensities of illumination in Lux or Footcandles, widely used in scenic design, research teaching, industry inspection as well as agriculture researching and illumination control.
- With the advanced built-in calibration sensor and twice per second frequency, it takes only a split second for an accurate reading. The rotatable head is beneficial to multi-directional detection.
- Large LCD display and backlight.
- Hand-held design and small size make the meter easy to carry.
- Measuring range: 0-200,000 Lux
- ONLY SEKONIC METERS THAT ARE SHIPPED BY AND SOLD BY AMAZON.COM OR OTHER AUTHORIZED SEKONIC DEALERS CAN ENSURE THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING GOODS THAT HAVE PROPER FCC COMMUNICATION AND ARE COVERED BY A USA WARRANTY. THE AMAZON OFFER MAY BE SEEN TO THE RIGHT. GREY MARKET SEKONIC METERS WILL NOT APPLICABLE FOR A US WARRANTY.
- Ideal prime or back-up meter for still photography and cinematography use
- Amorphous photocell requires no batteries or external power source.
- ISO range 6 to 12,000 in 1/3 step increments
- 60-seconds to 1/8000th, f/0.7 to f/128, 8-fps to 128-fps
- Instantly familiar and comfortable to use. Make settings by touching icons or sliding a finger on the screen. The large color LCD displays ambient, flash, cine and other information in a clear and understandable way.
- The L-478-Series meters are especially useful when using flash to lighten shadows or reduce background detail. That's because they measure ambient and flash simultaneously and automatically indicate the percentage of flash in the total exposure.
- The L-478-series has two motion- capture modes to fit camera in use. Touch to set shutter speeds for HD SLR cameras or quickly select frame rates and shutter angles for Cine.
- Special effects and light sources can push standard camera settings to their limits That's why the L-478 also allows creating unique frame rates and shutter angles to .000 to enable precise exposure and lighting.
- Brightness measurement in Lux or FC and Cd/m2 or FL will make the L-478 a major player on movie sets around the world. Display brightness along with exposure measurements or simply by itself.Display Range Film Speed:ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)
- Portable and versatile meter offers dedicated functions for photography, cinematography and HD cinematography
- Sliding lumisphere measures incident or reflected light via a lens with a 40° reception angle
- Wide metering range from 0 to 19.9 EV at ISO 100, works with exposure times starting as low as 1/8000 all the way up to 60 seconds
- Broad flash range from f/1.0 to f/90.9 at ISO 100, customizable backlit LCD display, Photo, Cine, and HD Cine Modes.
Best Recommendations and Buying Guide for your light meters
Before you venture out to purchase your preferred light meters, take into consideration some factors. These factors will ultimately help you decide which light meters is the right fit for your requirements.
Use the internet to do your research about all the available light meterss in the market. This is helpful for both online and retail/ in-person purchases. If you are buying from an online marketplace, try to ascertain the most trustworthy online store. Usually, the online shops that have the highest following of masses are the best ones.
These shops not only provide reliable products but also give the buyers a lot of diversified products to choose from. Search for the different types of light meters available in the online store and find ones to choose from.
Read the reviews of people on the online pages to understand the detailed and nuanced pros and cons that entail this particular light meters. You can also understand through other people’s reviews whether a particular light meters fits your needs.
Assessing products online before buying the desired products from retail shops is also a very common phenomenon.
While doing the crucial research on the light meterss available in the market, you might ask yourself a few questions that will help you reach your decision:
- Are light meterss worth buying?
- What are the various pros and cons that come with purchasing light meters?
- In order to buy the most efficient light meters at the optimum price, what are some of the things you might have to think about?
- What are some of the light meters brands which are available in today’s market? What is coming in the future?
- Is enough information on what you want accessible?
- Why should I own a or many light meterss, even if the quality might not be sharpest?
Other Advantages of Buying light meters from Online Marketplaces
Apart from some of the advantages stated before, there are certain other advantages that can be attributed to online stores:
There are a lot of promotional prices and discounts on online stores. In fact, there are more promos on online shops than there are in retail shops. As these stores work simultaneously with multiple dealers at a time, a customer is able to avail a certain product at the best possible price.
Online marketplaces have evolved a lot since the inception of the millennium. They have become a huge source of cash flow for a lot of important people in the world.
This seismic growth of the industry is down to the reliability and trustworthiness codes that online markets follow. As a result, consumers can almost guarantee that they will get the right products at the right time and price.
There is rigidity in the items that can be sold in online shops. There is a lot of diversity and nuanced markets that help consumers find what they are looking for.
Sometimes, one might even come across something that they did not know about beforehand. The availability of alternative products is focal in ensuring the dominance of online stores.
How to Make Sure You Choose the Right light meters
If you are an early or new user, it might be difficult for you to find the proper light meters. You might be unaware of certain facets of the light meters that you might have been thinking about. But we are here to help you out with that! The recommendations below might be helpful in your chase:
Everyone has a budget, and they want to make purchases that fit their respective budgets. To make sure you get the best deal, surf as many markets as possible to know about the difference in prices.
This will help you get an overall idea of the status of the market. Fix your price range in accordance with your knowledge.
In the light meters industry, brand loyalty is very high. So consumers usually choose the brand that they have been longest associated with. Popular brands guarantee reliability.
Otherwise, the masses would not have purchased products from popular brands. Different brands have different attributes. Choose a brand whose traits you are most comfortable with.
Different brands have different visual characteristics. This also causes people to choose different products.
If you are a novice user, try consulting with active users of light meters. They will be able to give you practical knowledge that they have gained through usage. Sometimes you can elicit information from people that you cannot find in mainstream media – it can either be good or bad information about the product.
User reviews often become very pivotal in making people decide which brand of light meters they ought to buy. They might end up having the final say in the purchase decision.
It is imperative that before buying, you can understand the functionality of your light meters. Granted that a lot of knowledge about the product is learned through usage and experience. As there are different types, try to choose the one that parallels your requirements the most.
In The End
We can only tell you so much about buying your new best light meters. But we are confident that if you follow the recommendations that we have given here, you will find something that caters to your needs the best.
Best of luck with your new purchase!